Click to Home
Go To Search
FacebookPrint
EmailRSS
Airport Information
History
Like many airports in the U.S., the New Braunfels Regional Airport (identified as BAZ by the Federal Aviation Administration) was originally constructed in the early 1940s, as aviation was beginning to grow and become a major transportation mode.

Military Training Base

The U.S. Army Air Corps originally established the airport as a military training base. In 1941, the Army Air Corps purchased the original property and additional land to bring New Braunfels Regional Airport to its current size of 869 acres. In 1969, the U.S. transferred the airfield to the City of New Braunfels.

Recent Years

In 2008, the City of New Braunfels completed a comprehensive airport master plan in conjunction with the Aviation Division of the Texas Department of Transportation. In late 2010, the airport also completed its first business plan, which evaluated a number of operational and development scenarios to provide the City of New Braunfels with decision-making information.

Maps


Contact UsWeather Info

Fuel Info